Assistant Controller, External Reporting and Technical Accounting
With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking an Assistant Controller, External Reporting and Technical Accounting for our Stamford, CT Corporate Headquarters. This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
The selected individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following obligations:
- Preparation of Hexcel’s filings with the SEC on Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, registration statements and all other financial reporting required filings, including preparation of “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results Operations”, and all financial statements, footnotes and required disclosures and certifications
- Research and formulate opinions on all technical accounting questions
- Preparation of quarterly report to Audit Committee and various other communications to the Board of Directors
- Organization and participation in Hexcel’s Disclosure Committee meetings established to review all Filings with SEC and other public releases
- Research and implementation of newly issued statements, pronouncements, and interpretations of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF), and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Determining proper accounting, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, for complex or non-recurring transactions including the accounting for stock option transactions, pensions, derivative transactions, etc.
- Prepare Hexcel’s quarterly earnings per share calculation; accounting for Hexcel’s stock-based compensation plans and retirement plans; and the review and analysis of company-wide reserves and valuation accounts. Participate in the review of contracts for proper revenue recognition
- Participation as the accounting representative in various projects such as acquisitions, divestitures and review of customer contracts for revenue recognition issue
- Minimum 8 years of accounting/finance experience with heavy emphasis on SEC reporting preferably in both a public company and “Big 4” accounting firm
- CPA and Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; MBA preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience of public company reporting requirements and generally accepted accounting standards
- A strong work ethic, comfortable being part of a “hands on” team of professionals
- Knowledge of XBRL tagging and advanced PC skills in a Microsoft Office environment
- Knowledge of Essbase a plus
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class