We are supporting our client to recruit a Assistant Accountant to provide support to the wider UK Business. On a day to day basis you will provide support the accounting team and more specifically the Management Accountant on a number of new projects that are onboarding in 2021.
The client is a Global manufacturing business who provides smart technical part and solutions in the forms of managed services or singular products.
As the Assistant Accountant your duties will include:
- Producing reports including; Cost, P n L, balance sheets
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of several banking and control accounts.
- Liaising and assisting clients with resolving accounting queries.
- Identifying and investigating banking discrepancies and produce relevant accounting entries for the resolution of such discrepancies
- Maintenance of reconciliations on the future projects
- Authorising bank payments and funding
- Escalating and reporting on aged and outstanding items
- Raising accounting journals to move funds for payments.
- Running and producing reports (including analysis) for weekly/monthly Direct Debit collections
- Financial reporting (weekly/monthly exception reporting, aged items/outstanding items)
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience with a Finance department
- Have or be studying AAT or ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge of UK Accounting regulations
- Strong knowledge of the Purchase Ledger (this affects the cost of projects)
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant role:
- Be Based in Cardiff
- Receive £23,000 -£25,000 Per annum
- Generous Holiday and Pension