THG believes that our people are our strength, and so we empower them, providing the tools, support and framework to achieve their goals. Our environment ensures people from all walks of life thrive, progress and grow their careers alongside us – becoming global leaders together. Join our culture of over 8,000 diverse, ambitious and smart thinkers across the globe who we encourage to think creatively, helping turn their ideas into reality.
With over a decade of experience of growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors in over 160 markets, we create brilliant digital brand experiences. Our team design, develop and build bespoke proprietary technology platforms that is used by millions worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and a disruptive business model, our ambition is to become the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced, moving twice as fast as others believe to be possible. This is part of our DNA that has supported our incredible growth. And to support that continual ambitious growth, we are looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey.
Finance at THG
THG’s Finance department is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of THG’s divisions.
With the company’s global presence increasing at an unprecedented rate, the Finance team continues to drive change while remaining agile; keeping pace with the business while never compromising on financial control or sales performance.
THG Finance is helping to deliver rapid growth for THG’s fast-moving, global brands. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
About the Role
As part of the Group Finance division, you will work as part of a team to help the business through the monthly and yearly reporting cycle, ensuring robust financial control along the way. Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Supporting the team in managing the month-end close timetable across all finance divisions to ensure we close on time, every time.
- Review of divisional balance sheet reconciliations to ensure high level of integrity across the group.
- Ownership of specific balance sheet areas to ensure thorough reconciliation at a divisional level whilst expanding own knowledge.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the development of “best practice” processes that can be applied by the wider finance team.
- Maintenance of the cadency certification & close systems including inbox query management
- Be flexible and reactive to incoming project work, such as assisting with the implementation of new IT software and group projects.
- Support the team and the wider group finance function in both the external audit and tax compliance processes.
- Support the wider business (e.g. Tax & Group Reporting) as projects land.
- You must be a 2nd-year university student looking to secure a year-in-industry placement
- Interest in technical and control aspects of finance
- Self-starter who is keen to learn and expand finance & business knowledge
- Competitive salary
- Agile working policy - allowing up to 2 days a week working from home
- Commitment to continuous learning and development through our bespoke early careers offering
- Working at Top 25 Sunday Times Large Companies to Work for 2021 rated business
- Access to mental health support as well as access to on-site Doctor and Nurse
- Discounted on-site Physio
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider your application however we endeavour to respond to every application we receive. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of applying or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.