For over 65 years, Magnuson, McHugh & Company, a local CPA firm in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, has been providing premier individual and small business financial consulting, management and planning services to North Idaho small to medium-sized businesses and their owners. As one of the top CPA firms in North Idaho we have a collective pool of knowledge throughout our elite team that includes 25 employees and 11 full-time CPAs. Recently named to the Top 100 Best Accounting Firms to Work for by Accounting Today, our services include Audit and Assurance, Business Valuation, Consulting and Accounting, Retirement Plan, Payroll, Wealth Management and Tax.
We are currently seeking a dedicated self-starter with 5+ years of recent public accounting audit experience to manage and lead audit engagements for a variety of clients including government entities and non-profit organizations. Working directly with clients, you will plan and complete engagement tasks; identify risk management issues and opportunities to improve assignment profitability; successfully coach and direct a motivated and empowered audit staff and work as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks.
- Manage multiple audit engagements including planning, executing, directing, and supervising
- Manage the implementation of solutions for clients as well as identify opportunities to improve assignment profitability and any risk management issues
- Direct and maintain a motivated and empowered work team
- Work as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks
- Attend continuing professional education and training seminars on a regular basis
- Abide by the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- 5+ years of recent public accounting audit experience progressing in scope and responsibility culminating in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP & GAAS and GAGAS)
- Strong communication, project management, organizational, problem solving, critical thinking, research, client service and leadership skills
- Proficiency with audit software such as ProSystem fx Engagement
- Ability to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment, work effectively both as part of a team and independently, regularly attend continuing professional education and training seminars and maintain professional relationships with clients and all levels of staff
- Prior government and/or non-profit audit experience is required
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth opportunity including potential partnership, an ideal work/life balance, continuing professional education, community involvement and a fun, friendly, professional and collaborative office environment in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Apply at: https://bit.ly/2Fq6Cqa
Magnuson, McHugh & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer