Tax Supervisor or Manager
Growth at Johnson Block and Company has created career opportunities with advancement potential. We are seeking experienced team members who pride themselves on quality work. You will work closely with partners to help support our clients, and identify and seize new business opportunities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to all facets of planning, compliance, research, and individual and business consulting of our diverse and growing practice.
This position provides excellent opportunities for advancement. We work hard in service to the company and our clients while allowing ourselves to live balanced, well-rounded lives.
Why not join a CPA firm where you can enjoy a long career in public accounting?
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare business (including Forms 1120, 1120S and 1065) and individual income tax returns to satisfy compliance requirements and support effective business planning.
- Prepare and review financial statements to enable effective, timely and informed decision-making.
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits.
- Manage and oversee Accounting Services department.
- Develop and oversee departmental procedures and processes.
- Mentor, motivate and train entry-level staff and interns by providing guidance and serving as a professional role model.
- Grow the firm through new business while also identifying new services for existing clients.
- Conduct tax research using Checkpoint and Intelliconnect research tools and convey information to clients.
- Represent and promote the firm at a variety of events including, but not limited to: networking events, client events and at college career fairs.
- Education / Experience:
- Current CPA certification
- 5+ years previous tax preparation experience.
- Experience and knowledge of relevant federal and state tax laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other special-purpose frameworks for financial statements
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and timely completion of work.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and various tax and accounting software including CCH products, Creative Solutions products, and research tools.