Senior Finance Accountant
Hanbury Strategy is looking for a new Senior Finance Accountant to join our growing finance team. Described as 'one of the most exciting start-ups in the space for some years', Hanbury is a fast-growth public affairs and corporate communications consultancy with brilliant people and stellar clients. We help businesses navigate a time of global change, managing all aspects of communications to help firms tell their story; and build winning, insight-backed campaigns to help shape public opinion.
We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant whose primary focus will be our revenue cycle. This person will have a keen interest in systems and take the Finance Lead in implementing Hanbury’s Client Relationship database.
In addition to Hanbury UK we have a subsidiary in Brussels and a branch in Berlin. This role will work across all entities.
- A “work from home” set up currently in place.
- All technology will be supplied to support this.
- 28 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays) Doctor Care Anywhere – providing you with access to medical appointments whenever you need it
- Pension scheme
- Around 4 years accounting experience
- Part Qualified with either ACCA or CIMA Experience of databases or other systems in addition to accounting package
- Experience of SAGE, ideally 50c Accounts Professional
- Worked with excel to an intermediate level (pivot tables, v look ups, working with linked spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of VAT rules A desire to be part of a finance team working to support a rapidly growing business
A typical day might include the following:
- Management of all finance communications with clients and email inbox.
- Client set up in SAGE
- Deliver client onboarding requirements.
- Finance lead for Client Relationship database ensuring Hanbury realises automation gains from the implementation.
- Tracking of potential and actual sales for forecasting purposes.
- Tracking of contracts negotiations and helping ensure the relevant documentation is available for invoicing.
- Posting to SAGE Preparing and issuing invoices from SAGE.
- Writing sales commentaries.
- Preparing profitability analysis Credit control
- Ongoing process improvement and automation
- Ongoing drive to implement financial controls
Please apply with your CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process or ultimately in employment.