Local utilities company in Milton Keynes are on the hunt for a progressive candidates to join their team as an Accounts Assistant.
Our client are a local utilities company with an excellent representation in the local Milton Keynes market. Growth of their customer base has created the opportunity for a progressive Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Management Accountants in month end processes, including journal preparation, inter company postings on the Finance system and reconciliation of some control accounts.
- Processing sales ledger invoices, reconciling payments and maintaining clean sales ledgers. This will include closing sales ledgers within 3 working days of month end.
- Managing daily trade payments, through PayPal, BACS and cheques and assisting with any queries.
- Importing bank statements into accounting system daily.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Processing purchase ledger invoices and checking back to purchase orders.
- Liaising with suppliers to request invoices, confirm payments and answer queries.
- Monitor and maintain our purchase order system, ensuring all spend is authorised in line with purchase orders.
- Preparing weekly payment runs for suppliers.
- Setting up bank transactions such as transfers and payments for expense claims and one-off purchases.
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
- Good understanding of basic accounting concepts and double entry.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills i.e Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas.
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification, e.g. AAT/ CIMA, or a recent university accounting graduate.
- Must be a confident speaker to be able to resolve internal and external (supplier) queries.
- Experience within a similar industry a bonus!
Whats on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Study Support
- On site parking
- Excellent progression opportunities