Chief Risk Officer - Commercial /Corporate Banking Experience Required
• Registered as SMF 4 you will have oversight for and management of the senior control team including the Head of Risk, Head of Compliance SMF16 and MLRO SMF17, with a team of 16 indirect reports.
• As a member of the Board you will have oversight for all Governance, Risk & Compliance areas and will sit on various committees including the ARC & Remuneration Committees and have responsibility for the following risk areas; regulatory, prudential, credit, market, insurance and operational.
• Responsibility for identifying, managing, monitoring and controlling risks and implementing risk control measures accordingly across the following key risk areas; regulatory risk, prudential risk, people and systems risk; cyber security risk; business risk; legal risk; insurance risk; operational risk and market & credit risk.
• Putting in place procedures designed to ensure that all applicable risks pertaining to the Company can be identified, monitored and managed at all times, and where appropriate, set the level of risk tolerated by the Bank.
• Ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company's risk management policies and procedures relating to the Company's activities, processes and systems;
• Reviewing, monitoring and reporting to the Board and making recommendations on the adequacy and effectiveness of and any deficiencies in the enterprise risk framework of the Bank.
• Providing an annual risk management report covering risk management policies and procedures which identify the risks relating to the Company's activities, processes and systems, and where appropriate, set the level of risk tolerated by the Bank.
• Representing the Bank with regulators and other third parties such as auditors and investors. The successful candidate will have either been a CRO for a similar commercial/corporate banking business or may be a deputy CRO/Head of Risk looking for their first role as the registered SMF4. While it is imperative that you have detailed understanding of the UK prudential rules as important will be your in-depth experience of 2LOD as it applies to a Commercial/Corporate Bank. It also goes without saying that you must have a detailed knowledge of the FCA Rules as well as PRA requirements. You must be able to demonstrate detailed and current knowledge of risk controls, policies & procedures specifically within the banking sector and while an understanding of current and future proposed regulatory requirements is required as important will be your ability to manage and mentor senior members of the GRC Team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and ambitious UK bank in a role that will be challenging and rewarding and allow you to interact at the highest levels throughout. So if you would like to work for a business that puts its customers central to all they do and you believe that you have the leadership and strong decision making skills, together with and enquiring analytical mind-set and a strong work ethic then please call Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to garysymescollins.com We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.