Specialist interim Project Accountant required to support a large Retail organisation transition workload from London to Coventry.
My client is a highly successful and respected Retail organisation who are a UK wide business. They have central offices in Coventry and a large finance function supporting its UK operations.
The Project Accountant role will involve:
- Project Accounting support to aid in the transition of work from London to Coventry
- Document accounting processes (London) and support in the establishment of robust implementation of these processes in the Finance team (Coventry)
- Management Accounting Schedules & reporting (Orange/Red Book) including PPE cashflow
- Review and posting of periodic journals for Additions, Disposals and Depreciation charges
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Co-ordinate and produce the entries required for the Fixed Assets entries for the Hyperion packs in the Statutory Accounts
- Manages the capitalization of all major works from Oracle Projects into the Fixed Asset Ledger, and all disposals from the Fixed Asset Ledger to the P&L account.
- Prioritise and manage the queries from Property and other depts.
- Review and approve the reconciliation of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Review processes within Team with a view to improving efficiency and accuracy of data.
- Prepare the base information to enable Divisional Support to perform corporate plans, budgets and forecasts for PPE
- Apply technical accounting expertise facilitate internal audits and support external audit preparation
- Identify where financial controls are not operating as required and drive remediation
- Support the delivery of Finance improvement initiatives and implementation of internal & external best practices to enhance process efficiency and quality of outputs including:
- Support in the Elimination, simplification and/or automation of transactional activities (e.g. journals, period end, reconciliations etc.)
- Reporting improvements e.g. report rationalisation, design and implementation
The ideal candidate will have some exposure to specific Project Accounting and have had some experience in supporting with a transition of work/jobs to a new location. You will be an active studier (CIMA/ACCA) or will be QBE with some experience ideally within Property and Fixed Asset accounting. You must be a team player with excellent communication skills and a drive to achieve set targets and deadlines.
Highly competitive salary, commercial project accounting exposure, significant opportunities to be considered for perm employment,