Head of Capital Projects Finance
We are seeking the lead for The University’s Capital Project Finances.
You will be an engaged team player, delivering results through both challenge and support for the Capital Projects Team. Working alongside Programme Managers and Financial Specialists to develop a clear insight into projects, you will translate this into meaningful financial reports ranging from senior committee review to local control.
As a skilled communicator who can balance the application of technical accounting with management accounting you will achieve effective financial management of a billion pound portfolio, consolidating robust projections to inform the University’s financial planning, ensuring control and managing the capital project accounts.
You will be a senior person in the Estates Finance Team you will contribute to the financial culture of the entire department whilst directly leading the Capital Finance section. You will lead on planned system improvements and the development of financial protocols for capital projects.
- Networking, Leadership, Management and Supervision
- Management accounting services for budget holders
- Technical Accounting
- Statutory Returns
- Control and Governance
- Committee Reporting
- Financial Infrastructure - financial platforms, frameworks and business processes
- Strategic Finance
- General, any other related duties
- Working with numbers
- Applying accounting skills
- Working with data and systems
- Presenting information
- Working with people
- Styles of working
- Structured and business workflow approach
- Financial analysis and strategic finance
- Delivering results
- Accounting for projects, property, estates environment
- Leading a team and working as a member of a team to deliver consolidated accounting outputs
- Managing and leading team members
- Extensive experience in the use of financial and reporting systems for provision of data and reports
- Working in a professional capacity in an organisation with large and diverse management accounting functions
- Planning and monitoring of finances to plan via budgetary planning and control mechanisms
- Hold current recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
Benefits of working at the University
- Employee benefits - 38 days' paid holiday, generous pension schemes, travel discounts and etc.
- University club and sports facilities
- Information for staff new to Oxford
- Family-friendly benefits
- Disabled Staff
- Staff networks
- The University of Oxford Newcomers' Club
Please ensure that you carefully read the How to Apply section provided in the Job Description, which you can download below along with the required Supporting Evidence form.