In Finance, we tie together all financial activity across RBS, helping the bank make, spend, and invest money wisely.
Our core activities include:
- Managing the bank's balance sheet and making sure we have the capital we need to operate every day
- Reporting on the bank's performance, providing an accurate picture of our financial position
- Achieving our business goals in a sustainable, profitable way, while developing the right long-term financial strategy
- Understanding our customers' needs and helping them to make the right decisions
- Helping our customer franchises to serve their customers well while remaining cost-efficient
- Providing a consistent service as one, functionalised Finance team
Our customers expect their money to be well managed. We provide the right information to help our colleagues make clear decisions about customers, costs and capital. And we help the bank achieve our business goals so we can be sustainable and develop the right long-term financial strategy.
About the programme
We’ve designed our 10-week summer internship in Finance to give you a direct experience of the work we do in Finance, our goals and our team culture.
This programme will give you a unique opportunity to quickly gain experience and insight into the financial services industry, our products and our operations. You’ll also interact with and learn from respected industry leaders.
We’ll reward you with a salary of £21,500 pro-rata, depending on location.
Our internship’s a great opportunity to:
- Develop your skills, and build some new ones
- Meet new people and develop your professional network
- Deepen your understanding of our business
- Experience our team culture and values
- Get stuck into a real-life project and add value to the business
- Gain valuable career experience, which will inspire your future choices
For us, it’s also about finding and engaging with talented and passionate people who’ll make a difference to our business in the long term. That’s why if you complete the internship successfully, and enjoy your experience, there could be a place available for you on one of our 2020 finance graduate programmes.
What you'll do
The internship starts with an induction. You’ll then begin a 10-week placement, where you’ll attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project with your fellow interns.
In the last week, we’ll asses you against what you’ve learnt, and you’ll have the chance to reflect on and demonstrate this.
For the full 10 weeks, we’ll pair you with a ‘buddy’ and a line manager. Your buddy will be a current graduate, who’ll help you get settled and share their experience. Your line manager will provide guidance and support throughout the programme, discuss career options and help you develop your professional network.
To be eligible for this internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of a university degree, and on course to achieve a 2:1.
We’ll be looking out for people with:
- Good analytic skills
- Long term, strategic thinking
- An inquisitive and creative mindset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build great working relationships
If that sounds like you, then why not apply?