Technology Consulting Graduate Programme
What is Technology Consulting at EY?
Our job is to understand what technological challenges our clients are facing, and then find the best solutions to help them improve how they work. Our teams specialise in a range of skills from those with existing programming expertise to those from an unrelated background but the desire to learn. It’s about being tech-savvy and great with people.
Applications for a September 2020 start are now open in the following locations: Bristol, Edinburgh and London.
What will you be doing?
- Working across a range of industries to address technology challenges for our clients
- Building your knowledge of data analytics, robotics and emerging technologies like blockchain
- Using your tech knowledge and business experience to recommend the best solutions for our clients
- Helping our clients to put in place organisation-wide transformation programme changes
- You’ll also be expected to be flexible and spend large proportions of your time away from your office.
What type of work will I be doing?
CFO Advisory Services - Technology
- You’ll help solve client challenges e.g. providing banks with the tools to deliver financial control and insight to help prevent items like the 2008 crash from happening again.
- Our teams specialise in design and delivery of Finance Transformation to our financial services clients, working on major, global projects in close collaboration with other Consulting teams and other areas (e.g. FAAS; Tax).
- Our people are global, financial services-focused combining industry and domain knowledge with data and technology expertise.
Data & Analytics
- You’ll help our clients gain competitive advantage through the effective use of their data assets. Bring advanced analytical tools and techniques to optimise our clients data, systems and processes.
- Focus on developing ‘next-generation’ solutions and expertise (Machine Learning/AI) and bring cross-sector and cross-solution data and analytical capabilities to our clients.
- We’re organised across: Data Strategy, Data Science and Emerging Technology in UK&I and Data Engineering, Data Office, Demand, Intelligent Automation, Reporting & Analytics and AI Centre of Excellence within FS.
- You’ll be supporting our clients through large scale transformation and projects within one of the following areas - Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management, Banking & Capital markets, Reg Tech, Technology Strategy & Innovation, Products & Services, Energy and Assets as well as Government and the Public Sector.
- We’re structured to bring together the right suite of skills and deep subject matter knowledge to formulate solutions to our clients' challenges.
- Technology Transformation works with organisations across the public and private sector to help define and execute IT strategy aligned to business objectives.
- You’ll be supporting our clients achieve their IT transformation objectives, establish effective and efficient IT capabilities and support the delivery of large transformation programmes ensuring technology and architecture are in place to help them achieve their future goals.
- Within this team, you will focus on helping CIOs realise their agendas through the areas of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Transformation, Solution Architecture, Service Management and IT Strategy.
Are you eligible to apply?
You’ll need a minimum of Level 2/GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language & Maths, three A-levels, 5 Highers or equivalent, and an honours degree (in any subject) by the time the programme starts.
We're looking for students that have a passion and interest in technology and/or those that have some experience of SQL, Python, R, VBA, SPSS or Minitab and experience with databases, data analysis/manipulation and reporting.
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting. You'll also have access to a broad suite of learning resources to develop your consulting and technical skills including our EY Badges programme which offers structured learning leading to accreditation in a range of subject domains including programming, data visualisation and blockchain.
How’s it structured?
After an EY induction, you’ll join your team in either Financial Services (FS) or UK & Ireland (UK&I) and jump straight into work on real client projects.
In FS, the programme lasts two years and will provide you with a variety of experiences and learning opportunities to support your development. We'll help you develop the skills to decipher how each client problem is different and to find innovative and sound ways of solving them. During the programme you'll get exposure to a range of sectors across Financial Services including Wealth & Asset Management, Banking & Capital Markets and Insurance. You'll even get the opportunity to apply for a six-month secondment, gaining valuable insight into another area of our business.
in UK&I, the sky’s the limit. From working as part of a bid team to redesigning processes and procedures or advising clients on the development and implementation of technology solutions, you’ll develop a huge mix of business and people skills.
Whichever business area you join, you’ll have the opportunity to study for a CIMA qualification in Business Accounting in your first year and throughout the programme you'll have access to training and development resources as well as support from colleagues within your team. Since no two projects will be the same, we’ll coach and mentor you in a way that will prepare you for anything.
Do a great job, and you could be promoted to Senior Consultant by the end of the programme.
Where could a tech consulting career take you?
From a mechanical engineering degree to Director within our Consulting service line. Find out how Juliet did it, and how a career can fit into your life at EY, not the other way around.
Rewards & Benefits
- A well-earned salary
- Work-life balance
- Staying healthy
- Money matters
- Arts and culture
- Nice surprises