SSC Finance Manager
Reporting into the Divisional Director, the SSC Finance Manager will be required to manage the transactional finance team and reporting for the group. The role is responsible for managing and controlling the Financial Shared Service Centre against the Service Level Agreements, company reporting timetable and compliance with internal controls, accounting standards and the regulatory framework.
Our client is a market leading, international, manufacturing business based in Bristol. They have a strong presence across multiple countries and pride themselves on their innovative ideas. They are currently looking for an SSC Finance Manager to support the divisional Director with the running of the Shared Service Centre.
The SSC Finance Manager will be accountable for the following:
Operational and day to day maintenance
- Daily Support to Direct Reports and performance review of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Master Data and General Ledger Teams.
- Approval of all bank payments, payroll BACS authorised signatory and act as cheque signatory.
- Review and management and recharge of Departmental Cost Allocations.
- Credit Card Expenses/procedural review including overdue submissions/tax compliance.
- Control/Reconciliation of recharge process between various entities.
Reporting and compliance
- Review of departmental monthly/annual Income Statement and Balance Sheet, preparation of annual budget and ongoing forecasts.
- Review, support and control over monthly closing activities and reporting across the service scope.
- On-line payroll access to support the UK sites and HR with Pay As You Earn (PAYE), National Insurance
- (NI), Pension Scheme and General Ledger Posting.
- Ensure compliance of all indirect tax submission and reconciliation including VAT, PAYE, NI, Intrastat and EC Sales Lists for the UK sites in scope.
- Review and manage submission of Forms P11D, P46, PSA, Class1A NIC for the UK sites in scope.
- Review Accounts Receivable ledger performance including the assessment of Aged Debt percentages and Customer Dispute Notice status.
- Review Accounts Payable performance of overdue invoices, supplier queries, maximisation of discount taken and minimisation of Working Capital.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies, internal controls and guidelines.
- Monitoring VAT, Duty, PAYE and other regulation changes and engage as necessary to ensure continuing compliance.
- Review of UK FX exposures and hedge requirements to mitigate financial risk.
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors and Group teams to assess accounting standards and regulatory framework announcement implication for UK SSC activities including considering SOX compliance.
- Continuous review of procedures, alignment of processes and best practice recommendation to standardise wherever possible.
- Monthly and quarterly UK SSC Key Performance Indicator review and circularisation.
- Dealing with any ad hoc projects and actions as required.
- Qualified accountant with ideally 5+ years experience with strong understanding of operating a Shared Service Centre within a global business.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, be organised and results orientated whilst working to deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and can communicate across different levels in an organisation with a commitment to service delivery.
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders both inside and outside the group including the Groups UK Auditors and Banker.
- Computer literate including with Microsoft Office and SAP applications.
Attractive salary and benefits