Finance Assistant- Growing Insurance Broker- £30,000-£35,000 + benefits
Your new company
This a growing independent insurance Broker who are growing within he London market at a steady pace. The majority of their business is made within the US and North America. Dynamic and forward thinking this business pride themselves on being an independent broker who are steady and sustainable. They are looking for a Finance Assistant to join the finance team of 3 this role will progress quick as the companies grows and the vision is for this person to move up and into a Finance Manager/Controller over the next couple of years.
Your new role
This is a broad role offering exposure to a driven Accounts professional looking to get more involved with month end and in depth analysis:
Duties will include:
- Ownership of the IBA function- allocating cash, aged debt reporting
- Running month end ledger reconciliations including cash books, client money calculations, and purchase ledger
- Timely preparation of accounts payable including invoice validation, ledger-posting and month end PL and Insurer payment runs
- Management of expenses including review, approval and challenge of expense submissions and payment processing
- Supporting process optimisation including automation and use of digital platforms to continually enhance the efficiency of finance operations
- Supporting weekly, monthly, quarterly Board, and investor reporting including profit and loss and balance sheet
- Supporting statutory annual audit work and ad-hoc reviews as required
- In depth ad-hoc FP&A analysis
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have accounts experience from within an Insurance company and therefore have a good knowledge of the industry. You must have good academics and the ambition and confidence to challenge senior team members and progress throughout the company.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary, a full study support package, 8% pension, fast progression, unlimited exposure, an employee equity scheme and more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.