The Finance Analyst will assist the Production Controller with providing timely & accurate analysis & support to the business. This includes Monthly COGS & Capex analysis, periodic forecasting & budgeting support, overhead review & design, implementation & development of reporting, forecasting & management information tools.
My client is known for the highest quality whisky & gin products, and are a deeply-committed team of individuals who believe passionately in producing the most elegant and thought-provoking spirit possible. Operating internationally, they offer long term career opportunities to their employees.
- Assist in driving the COGS analysis, developing a deep understanding of the mechanics of the production cost processes and working to deliver COGs improvements.
- Partner closely with Production director, Bottling Hall manager and Head Distiller, ensuring that cost components of the production costs are closely monitored, controlled and reported.
- Responsibility for the monthly Production Reporting and analysis for HQ.
- Support the periodic budget/forecast process, under the supervision of the Production Controller.
- To liaise with the accounts team to ensure accuracy in the monthly close process and provide analysis of accruals, fixed assets, depreciation and COGs reporting.
- Developing appropriate tools, analysis and processes to increase visibility and accuracy of reporting.
- Be pro-active in engaging and explaining financial concepts to non-finance individuals.
- Newly Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ICAS)
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly numerate with strong financial acumen and business partnering skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; Operations, Supply Chain, Brand, Design etc
- Comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- Motivated with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to challenge and influence colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to travel (circa 2 days a month to the distellery)
My client is willing to offer the following package to the successful Finance Analyst;
- Salary circa £35,000 (potential scope for more DOE)
- 7-11% bonus
- 9% non contributory pension
- 34 days all inclusive holidays
- 4x life assurance