Plant Financial Controller
Partnering with the Senior Management Team, the Plant Financial Controller will look to improve efficiencies and deliver all financial performance.
Michael Page have been engaged by a world leader in the engineering and manufacturing sector to secure a resilient and professional Plant Financial Controller for the site in Birmingham. The organisation has hundreds of sites and employs over 25,000 employees globally.
As the Plant Financial Controller, you will be accountable for the timely delivery of the financial performance and reporting for the manufacturing site to the group headquarters. You will support the business by owning the annual budget process and coordinating the regular forecasts as part of the role.
This is a highly commercial and operationally focused finance position, and will require the successful candidate to:
- Lead all finance activity for the large Birmingham plant
- Act as business partner to the Commercial Manager and Procurement Manager to control and drive profitability and mitigate risks
- Prepare and ongoing review of 5 year plan to deliver EBITDA targets
- Have complete accountability for Bill of Materials on new lines and products
- Provide oversight and management of the Capex expenditure
- Act as the plant lead for internal and external audit procedure
This is an international business that is able to attract the best talent from within the market and as such, the bar is set high. The successful candidate is likely to have a track record in operational finance within an industrial setting (manufacturing, engineering or third party logistics). It is also highly desirable that you demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence and ability to influence non finance stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be professionally qualified (ideally CIMA or ACCA)
- Demonstrable Industry knowledge and expertise
- Possess the technical and financial competence but the commercial and business acumen
- Exhibit strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Have strong organisational skills as well as a sense of urgency and an ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Be a confident decision maker and proactive problem solver, with a hands-on approach
£65,000 - £75,000 + benefits