Your new company
A world-renowned children's book publisher are looking for an upbeat, enthusiastic, progressive and commercially minded Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Your new role
As the Accounts Assistant within the team you will complete a range of key duties, helping to ensure the overall smooth running of the company and it's finances. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Banking - import transactions into accounting system, match/post transactions and reconcile at period end
- Suppliers - set up and maintain supplier accounts on accounting system, credit check new suppliers, check and post all invoices onto supplier accounts, send for approval via ApprovalMax system, reconcile A/P ledger and resolve any issues expediently
- Payments - ensure correct supplier bank details on accounting system, prepare weekly payment run and create BACS file on the banking system, ad-hoc payments
- Income - enter all income received onto customer account in accounting system and onto spreadsheet tracker, calculate commissions owed on income and raise supplier invoices, maintain royalty database and track income owed to third parties, raise sales invoices for non-royalty contracts, credit control, reconcile A/R ledger at period end and resolve queries
- Petty cash - issue cash to staff ensuring valid VAT receipts are obtained, post transactions onto accounting system, count physical cash and reconcile to system at period end
- Credit cards - complete paperwork for new credit card requests, manage Expensify system used by staff to record credit card expenditure including checking transactions and approvals, provide training to staff on Expensify and company expenditure policies
- Fixed assets - enter new assets onto the register in the accounting system, post monthly depreciation and reconcile
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and driven individual who has a passion for the works published by the company. You will be of graduate calibre with a minimum of 6-12 months experience in an accounting role. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be passionate about becoming a full qualified accountant.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work you will receive an excellent salary of up to £26,000 plus full study support and an amazing list of other benefits and well as a discretionary annual bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.