Head of Accounting & Reporting
Assure financial integrity and transparency of accounting and financial reporting. Deliver consolidated month and year end accounts and report for statutory entities
My client is a private equity backed distribution business with offices all over the world. Currently going through a spree of acquisitions, they are looking to hire a Head of Group Reporting.
- Secure the consolidation of the Group Accounting and timely closing
- Secure all tax requirements and strategy at group and local level
- Interface with Auditors and tax advisors
- Implement a best in class closing process
- Secure the control environment in the group for financial processes
- Implement standard chart of accounts for the portfolio company
- Develop, deploy and ensure compliance to accounting policies & directives.
- Decides on individual judgemental complex accounting issues
- Oversees end accountable for the Internal Financial Control Framework, the statutory filing, the consolidation and reporting of financial entities, incl. sign off of external reporting
- Sign off financial statements of significant entities in shared accountability with Business Partners eg. CFO, Country Accounting teams, CEO
- Drives and oversees improvement projects related to accounting processes and controls together with process owners & future SSC
- Proactively participates in finance committees (Finance MT's, Audit & Review, etc.) to align Accounting & Reporting to Finance in Countries and SSC's
- Needs higher detailing of interfaces/RASCI's with Business Partner, Accounting, FP&A and SSC
- Manages and supervises Accounting resources. Ensures robust Accounting workforce
- Responsible for Finance Knowledge Management
- Ensure compliance against internal finance control processes
- Focus on significant Reporting Units and ensure processes are in place to assure performance across all Reporting Units
- Drive specific topical improvements/ projects e.g. inventory, intangibles
- Accountable for helping the Business Partner assure the integrity of financials
- Has a stake in financial integrity along with the Business Partner
- Requires higher-level skill-set not required in the existing profile of people performing the work today
- Together with HR, manage / support HR relevant processes in the countries (staffing, redundancies, mapping to new roles, etc.) to transition into new organization
- Cooperate with other initiatives & enable work streams
- Manage and coordinate transition of activities in the Group; coordinate people processes with HR
- Use enablers (processes, procedures, systems) needed to transition towards future operating model
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives on core Accounting & Reporting processes in the region, quick wins and realize benefits for the Accounting & Reporting function; trigger improvement areas
Reinforce the integrated plan for the initiative, aligned with other transformation initiatives
- An experienced qualified accountant, ideally ACA from a prestigious accounting firm
- Progressive experience in financial consolidation, accounting, reporting, analysis and internal control
- Strong working knowledge of new UK GAAP and IFRS - ability to understand and interpret accounting treatments for new transactions or policy changes.
- Proven track record of delivering statutory accounts for a number of companies accurately, on time and successfully through the audit process.
- A mind-set focused and aligned on achieving process improvement - experience of undertaking formal and informal financial process reviews is essential.
- Working knowledge of UK tax principles.
- Experience of accounts consolidation for a medium or large group including eliminations, adjustments, disclosures etc.
- Ability to analyse and interpret the key trends that affect the business as a whole.
- Excel proficiency (pivot, dynamic files creation, macros, …)
A highly competitive package is on offer