Finance Specialist in Tax Department
Tax Department in Finance Operations in the Shell Group is a key to delivering world-class tax support to Shell. With around 600 staff Finance Operations Tax is among the world's largest "in-house" tax organizations. Due to the rapid growth of our department, we are currently looking for various tax individuals who will help us to become the Centre of Excellence.
These exceptional tax positions will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial and tax operations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and timely delivery of accurate indirect tax returns to Tax Authorities,
- Preparation of ECSL & Intrastat reporting,
- Preparation of payment requests and tax payments initiation,
- Performing control checks to identify any errors and anomalies,
- Process standardization & simplification,
- Cooperation with other financial teams to ensure that errors in the source data are properly corrected and that remedial action has been taken,
- Initiating ideas to improve the existing working processes, leading improvement projects,
- Providing assistance for tax reviews and statutory audits purposes,
- Maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders worldwide,
- Support for junior colleagues.
Who are we looking for?
- University degree preferably in Economics, Finance, Accountancy or related field,
- 3 years’ professional experience in Finance out of which minimum 1-2 years of experience in preparation and submission of tax returns
- Working knowledge of SAP will be an advantage,
- Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook,
- Good knowledge of Excel, knowledge of VBA will be an asset,
- Very good English (written and spoken). The additional language will be an asset,
- Improvement focus,
- Analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Strong communication skills,
- Effective influencing & stakeholder management skills,
- Motivation, passion, enthusiasm to perform at the highest standards.