Part-Time Management Accountant
You will have responsibility for monitoring financial data and preparing accurate financial information, including reports, budgets, and account statements. In addition, you will manage the Accounts Administrator and oversee purchase ledger activities.
The business, founded 30 years ago and based in East Lothian, is a thriving business selling circa 20 million units of their product per annum and employing around 100 people.
Maintain an efficient and effective financial model.
Ensure costs are monitored and controlled.
Liaise with and provide information to auditors.
Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies.
Analyse financial trends.
Ensure meaningful and challenging targets/budgets are in place within an appropriate timescale.
Ensure all reports are accurate and ready in time to meet their relevant monthly, quarterly or annual target.
Collate and interpret information from across the business.
Produce monthly management accounts (profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheets) with variance analysis, performance graphs and any management information required.
Periodic and annual budgeting, together with cash flow forecasts.
Essential requirements for this role are:
- At least 5 years' experience at Accountant or similar level
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and SAGE accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent numeracy and problem solving skills
- High level of attention to detail and able to work accurately
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Experience of producing Management Accounts
- Experience of handling sensitive/confidential data
- Chartered Accountant with membership of ICAEW or ICAS
There is a highly competitive salary on offer for this 3-4 day a week role. The working week to be agreed upon sucessful interview.