Internal Audit Senior/ Manager - FTSE 250
The Internal Audit Manager will plan, deliver and report on audits from the Group audit plan. The work is spread between UK project audits, Group-wide process, ad hoc investigation support and project work.
Our client is a FTSE 250 whose projects change the way the world looks and improve the way it works. Owing to the impressive size and important nature of their projects, they consistently make a positive impact not just for the people who experience the results, but for the world too. They are passionate about creating infrastructure, supporting communities and enabling growth.
Our client values diversity and celebrates individual differences, believing that their inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation. If you enjoy challenging yourself, controlling your career and experiencing unprecedented personal growth, then join this business and they'll support you all the way whilst you undertake truly impressive work.
They are a corporate signatory to Women in Science & Engineering and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. They are also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
The UK based Internal Audit Manager is expected to cover audits throughout the UK including key locations such as London, Newcastle, Derby and Sheffield as well as to visit project sites across the UK.
In an organisation still undergoing a significant change and turnaround programme, there is a real opportunity to challenge yourself and broaden your skill-sets. This is an opportunity to shape internal processes and controls and drive real business improvement.
- Has thorough knowledge of audit procedures, including planning techniques, testing and sampling methods involved in auditing
- Big 4 / Top 10 Internal or External Auditor
- ACA / ACCA Qualified Has previous experience of conducting audits
- Has an ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts
- Can deliver information orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management
- Is ambitious and capable of developing further within the department and ultimately the organisation
- Is a self-starter who manages their own time and seeks to add value to their function
- Is able to work within a multi-discipline team
- Able to command respect across the business and within the Assurance team
- Is good at building relationships and can influence effectively
- Can demonstrate initiative and resilience.
For those who ultimately aspire to a more senior role in financial, operational or general management the role provides extensive insight to the whole organisation and exposure to senior management. The Internal Audit function has a proven track record of drawing upon this with team members placed on key secondments to large transformation projects and to senior finance roles within the business.
A real opportunity to progress into a more senior role in financial, operational or general management in the future as the role provides extensive insight to the whole organisation and exposure to senior management.
An opportunity to be placed on key secondments to large transformation projects or senior finance roles within the business. Additionally:
- Fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 250
- Real opportunity to move into the business after 1-2 years in the IA function
- £50,000 - £55,000
- £5,400 cash/car allowance
- 10% bonus
- Canary Wharf Office