Internal Auditor/ Senior Internal Auditor
Plan, perform and report audits on a risk assessed basis acting either as lead auditor or in support of others. Opportunity to report directly to key stakeholders such as CFO, MD, FD, Head of Audit/Risk.
Michael Page are a FTSE 250 with over 45 years experience in recruitment. We are one of the largest and most highly regarded recruitment firms globally and aim to assist you throughout your career journey.
Our clients include:
Global FTSE 100s
FTSE 250 and 350 companies
Blue chip organisations
Fast growing SMEs and emerging new companies.
Not for profits
Organisations within the public sector
Charities/ International NGOs
Financial services (this is a separate team but we can point you in the right direction)
Partner with the business across all areas including both finance and operations, acting as an independent, trusted advisor
Act as an expert in one or more key business areas, providing business insight to the team and clients on specified business processes, strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
Provide technical advice and coaching to both the business and other members of the team
Track recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved and that the remediation is effective
Understand and deploy a risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the annual plan build exercise.
Lead on audits and/or oversee the work of others
Report findings directly to key stakeholders such as CFO, local MDs and FDs, Head of Audit/Risk
Because of the broad exposure you get to the rest of the business, a role in internal audit can provide further opportunities within internal audit, core finance (FBP, FP&A, FC etc), treasury, ethics, legal, risk, strategic planning, transaction services, M&A and many more…
- Typically candidates have experience within: internal audit or external audit from an accounting firm such as the Big 4 or Top 20, a specialist internal audit/ risk consultancy firm, external audit within the NAO, or through the operational internal audit/ risk route
- Desired qualifications include: ACA (CA), ACCA, CIA, PIA, IRM
- Character traits typically include being; naturally inquisitive, customer focused, strategic, risk aware, driven, and keen to work as a trusted advisor / business partner
- You will have excellent communication skills (written and oral), effective time management skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- These roles require being both a team player and autonomous so you must have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Competitive London salaries ranging from £45-65k + bonus and benefits
- Opportunities to get paid to travel the UK and the world
- Opportunities to work in exciting global companies
- Opportunity to work in a thriving and experienced team
- Opportunity to report in to and engage with senior management
- Opportunity for career progression, with the option to move into core finance within the business