Finance Operations Intern
We are looking for two high-calibre undergraduate students to join our Finance Operations department, supporting our EMEA portfolio of hotels on a 12 month placement. This opportunity is ideally suited to students who are considering a future career as a qualified Financial Accountant.
Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place to Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector.
Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.
A bit about the job(s)
As an intern you will work closely with our Financial Accountants, supporting them with financial analysis for our hotels across Europe, Middle East and Africa. Some of the day to day tasks you will be carrying out include;
• Collating a range of appropriate data and information for financial purposes
• Assisting in the preparation of presentations to our owners
• Designing & producing a range of reports and preparing area level analysis for our hotels across Europe, Middle East & Africa.
• Maintaining our records database
• Acting as a point of contact for any management or finance queries that come through the department.
What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for one of these highly sought after opportunities. These are detailed as follows;
• Must be in your second year of undergraduate study at the point of application
• If you are not studying finance or accounting then you must be able to demonstrate excellent levels of numeracy, and the ability to analyse numerical data to problem solve and draw logical solutions.
• Must be available to start in June 2020, for the full 12 months.
• Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
• You should be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in finance
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 24th November, 2019. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You’ll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments, a video interview, and a live interview with our Finance Operations team here in Watford.
Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. Many of our former Finance Interns are either in the process of completing their CIMA or ACCA qualifications with us, or have qualified and are currently operating in Manager level positions within various areas of our Finance Department.