We are notonthehighstreet. Home to over 5000 of the UK’s best small creative businesses, we have been changing the online retail landscape since 2006. Whether you’re working with our Partners to help grow their business, or behind the scenes developing code, we are continuously innovating & working on some really cool stuff all at the same time. And the best bit? We’re making a difference to our Partners’ lives as we do it.
Are you a finance superstar? Good, because we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Finance Assistant to join our busy Core Finance team. We are looking for someone who is highly organised, detail orientated, diligent and has excellent time management skills. They must be approachable and comfortable working with people from right across the business including senior stakeholders.
Some of the things you'll be doing
- Direct responsibility for the purchase ledger
- Inputting purchase invoices into our accounting system, ensuring they have been accurately recorded and coded, and approved appropriately in a timely manner
- Supplier pay runs – preparing the weekly supplier pay run ensuring that suppliers are paid correctly and on time
- Dealing with multiple currency invoices and payments
- Regular monitoring of the creditors control account to ensure it’s nice and clean and all overdue balances are dealt with
- Assisting in giving training to the company on the Purchase Order system and expense policy
- Supplier queries - dealing with supplier queries in a professional and timely manner
- Filing of invoices and general administration
- Update and maintain the supplier database. Cash
- Petty cash – managing petty cash and reconciling balance to requests and receipts
- Being aware of cash flow importance and assisting in cash flow planning
- Bank statements – posting transactions daily through various bank accounts and responsibility for bank account reconciliations.
- Play a vital role within the core finance team in finalising the monthly trial balance against tight deadlines, including: posting of purchase invoices, reconciling bank statements, support the team as required, review of creditors control account, assisting in ensuring that the general ledger reflects the costs of the business correctly.
- Improvements in accounting systems and process
- Maintaining up to date process notes
- Ensuring all controls are implemented to safeguard the company’s assets
- Assist accounts receivable function when required
- Maintaining accurate paper records
- Assist team with the planning for the year-end audit
- Assist team with ad-hoc analysis.
Some key skills you'll need
- Ambitious and motivated to learn and develop
- Reliable and determined
- Detail and service oriented
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise
- Currently studying or aiming to study towards an accountancy qualification AAT, ACCA, CIMA or similar) is desirable
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement will increase an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
Add in our in-office massages, yoga sessions or the abundance of free fruit, you can see that we want our people to feel good inside and out.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business - reach out and apply today!