A developmental position within this Financial Services start up in Cambridge who are in need of a progressive Accounts Assistant to grow alongside the business growth. The Accounts Assistant will have a wide ranging position, ensuring timely and accurate processing of the Purchase Ledger as well as developing the month end duties.
A growing start up in the Financial Services sector have seen strong growth since their inception and are in need of a forward thinking candidate to join their experienced Cambridge based team. The Accounts Assistant will be supported by an experienced finance team who will be able to provide growth and development to the successful candidates career.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth processing of the sales and purchase ledgers
- Ensuring all expense claims are processed and paid in a timely manner
- Carrying out regular bank reconciliations and control accounts/ledger accounts reconciliations
- Reconciling customer/supplier statements and ensuring that unreconciled items are followed up
- Managing employee monthly pension payments and other benefits
- Assisting in the reconciliation and preparation of quarterly VAT returns and any other regulatory return
- Providing assistance with the ongoing development and improvement of internal processes
- Carrying out ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant will be:
- Actively pursuing, or looking to pursue their AAT qualification
- Confident user of Excel and strong systems exposure
- Confident in building strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Looking to progress and develop their career alongside a business
The successful candidate will be joining this growing Cambridge based Financial Services business with an excellent opportunity to develop their career. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and strong benefits package.