Temporary Accounts Assistant role to support a successful business during a period of permanent recruitment covering all manner of finance duties.
My client is a highly successful business in operation for over 85 years. The business currently require some urgent temporary support to provide ongoing cover whilst they complete their permanent recruitment process following a restructure. The company can offer an engaging and rewarding working environment with very supportive colleagues.
The Accounts Assistant role will involve:
- Work as part of the Finance team so that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded and documented in a timely manner
- Distribute purchase invoices (for which relevant purchase orders have not been goods receipted) for authorisation or goods receipt
- Mark as goods receipted in Sage those purchase invoices for services which have been physically marked as received by authorisers who do not have goods receipting access in Sage
- Operate controls over and post purchase invoices onto Sage purchase ledger following the documented procedures, process flows and mandates
- Recognise prepayments in line with FRS-102
- Obtain and reconcile supplier statements in line with the documented list of suppliers and frequency of required reconciliations identified and agreed by the Finance Director
- Present these reconciliations to the Financial Controller for sign off and take any actions agreed
- Set up new suppliers on the purchase ledger in line with internal controls and the "four eyes" principle
- Match incoming bank receipts to sales ledger invoices
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation for monthly review and sign off by the Financial Controller and quarterly review by the Finance Director.
- Maintain credit limits on Sage in line with authorised document on Q-pulse
- Recommend improvements to procedures, controls, process flows and mandates to the Financial Controller or Finance Director for their authorisation and update those procedures and process flows where necessary
- Support the development, documentation, implementation and monitoring of controls, systems and procedures necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of financial functions
- Prepare relevant elements of the monthly management accounts and commentary for review and collation by the Financial Controller
- Post journals (by electronic upload) that are required for month end by reference to the month end standard journal list
- Post journals (by electronic upload) for the Financial Controller and Finance Director as required for example to correct an error
- Enter month end stock count results into Sage to enable the calculation of Cost of Sales figures for Saturn and Mercury for the Financial Controller to review and assist the Financial Controller with other products
- Produce monthly analysis of stock holding levels and circulate to budget holders, working with them when appropriate to make estimates for forecasts and deliver improvements
- Produce monthly reconciliations of particular balance sheet accounts based on a list maintained by the Financial Controller for monthly review by the Financial Controller and quarterly review by the Finance Director
- Prepare PAYE Settlement Agreement and Class 1A NI calculations, quarterly accrual and annual payment in accordance with HMRC submission and payment deadlines with support from the Finance Director
- Prepare relevant elements of budgets, forecasts and related assumptions, commentaries and opportunities and hazards by working with budget holders in accordance with internal or Group timetables
- Provide analysis to support and advise relevant budget holders on decisions or issues which require financial analysis when required
- Help identify and drive cost savings and revenue opportunities in relevant areas of the business by working with budget holders
- Agree intercompany balance with group companies in line with group reporting timetable
- Help to ensure that statutory accounts are appropriately prepared with a clear audit trail by preparing specific notes to the accounts as delegated by the Financial Controller
To be considered you must have strong all round finance exposure, a can do supportive attitude and strong experience using Sage 50. You will need to be available either immediately or on 1 week notice and happy to support a small team in all areas.
Ongoing temporary role with immediate start, free parking, highly competitive rate of pay