Finance and Commercial Manager
To build the world’s biggest online police station, we need you.
UK Policing is transforming the way it delivers services. The ambition is to use digital channels to make the experience of contacting the police as helpful, personal and reassuring as approaching an officer in the street. We plan to create the world’s biggest online police station to serve the British public. But we can’t do it without an experienced Finance & Commercial Manager.
This is a chance to play a vital role in the roll-out of our national policing platform (the SOH or Single Online Home). You’ll assess contracts and finance during the delivery and build phase of the project, and also as we manage the site in the future. It will be down to you to assess SOH finances against strategy to ensure the project meets budgets and brings expected benefits. And you’ll also act as a Contract Manager, spotting risks, evaluating data and maximizing performance.
The project’s success relies on the collaboration of stakeholders, suppliers, finance teams and all the forces involved. You’ll, therefore, be a link, interacting with all parties, managing the Section 22 Agreement and helping to co-ordinate funding and invoicing activities.
Professional / External Qualifications:
- CCAB / CIMA or equivalent membership
- Knowledge of best practice on financial and management practices and reporting. Ideally knowledge of Police (MPS) finance practices and policies.
- Knowledge of best practice contract management and public sector procurement rules and processes with knowledge and experience of using G Cloud and managing services procured through G Cloud. Knowledge of Section 22 agreements between forces is desirable.
- Analytical and judgment skills: to analyse diverse sets of information and draw out appropriate correlations between data sets in order to generate solutions to complex operational and strategic problems to appraise options
- Planning and organisational skills: Able to formulate and implement long term strategic corporate plans. To plan and act strategically and corporately, with a creative approach to problem-solving and delivery in demanding circumstances and with competing priorities. A highly motivated and proactive approach to working including a strong desire to meet deadlines and deliver quality work.
- Communication and relationship skills: Effective communication skills. Ability to explain things clearly either verbally or in writing in the most appropriate style and tone. To influence senior stakeholders within a business, achieving an appropriate balance between customer care / responsive and delivery of professional advice. Strong interpersonal skills and team working skills with the willingness to support others and share ideas. Business focused and flexible when meeting operational needs and expectations. Takes responsibility to meet business requirements and ownership of work and maintains a strong work ethic.
- Working with senior management to Board Level teams. Working with Central Government and National level organisations.
- Working with and building strong relationships with other departments and stakeholders. Working and influencing in matrix teams. Working in a project “start-up” style environment.
- Contract Management including providing Contract and Financial Management Advice and developing Mitigating Strategies
- Identification and sharing of opportunities to create further value in the SOH and contracts, which may include further cost savings or risk mitigation
- Of Business Analytics and associated techniques, Investment Appraisal, Financial Management & Planning in complex organisation, Budgeting & Forecasting, Management Reporting.