Specialist – Regional Accounting APAC
Summary of Role
- Responsible for financial reporting for the assigned country portfolio.
- Responsible for month-end close, cash management, income statements review and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Provide support for statutory reporting, tax and annual filings.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the finance activities that are not transitioned to GBS, provide support to GBS as and when needed and perform regular review on financial accounting activities performed by GBS.
- Responsible for the month end process ensuring that all transactions are captured, showing a complete and accurate view of the financial performance and position for the assigned country portfolio.
- Responsible for recordkeeping of regional contracts: monitoring & keeping up to date repository of insurance, lease, other significant agreements
- Support the regional account codes and department structure and monitor use of the correct coding.
- Maintain all the regional fixed assets schedules including the processing of depreciation, additions, disposals and ensuring the assets are adequately identifiable and insured
- Support on compliance with relevant accounting standards, tax regulations, and the regional adoption of the Association’s finance policies and processes.
- Liaise with corporate secretary on statutory filings, maintenance of statutory record and register.
- Liaise with bankers and internal treasury department on cash management matters.
- Monitor cashflow of the assigned country portfolio.
- Identify inform Finance team of opportunities to streamline processes through automation and standardization, to shorten close and reporting cycles, and to eliminate redundant or obsolete tasks and deliverables.
- Provide support in evaluating effectiveness of existing processes and recommend enhancements that lead to improvements in the quality of deliverables.
- Cultivate business relationships across the organization to understand business owner needs and expectations, incorporating feedback to enhance processes when possible.
- Assist in the annual audit by preparing requested schedules and addressing auditor inquiries.
- Provide support for tax filings process.
- Act as a backup for other team members during times of annual leave or similar.
- Work as part of one greater regional and global team, collaborating across regions and time zones.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Proficient and experienced in the accounting field, IFRS and ERP
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, organized and deadline-driven professional
- Intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Word skills
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum 2-4 years of related finance or accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Oracle ERP