Lead Manager - Accounts Receivable
Summary of Role
This position supports the continuous transformation of the finance organization from a regional/local based Association to a Global Business Services centre in KL hub with globally led processes within a shared services infrastructure. Responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Accounts Receivable (AR) services and performance outcomes.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensure timely recording, application and verification of all receivables transactions, and resolve accounting discrepancies as appropriate.
- Develop and analyze receivables reporting engaging the Finance Director, GBS and other business stakeholders to drive positive financial and business outcomes.
- Manage all month-end close procedures, including developing and performing various account analyses, and ensuring timely recording of all invoices, adjustments and receipts.
- Support the growing business needs and complexities related to AR billing, cash application and collection processes ensuring right people are included in decision making covering alignment with AR Global Process Owner (GPO), Corporate accounting, tax, legal, treasury and business owners. Provide timely, efficient and compliant solutions in collaboration with GPO.
- Design, develop and manage Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators of the team ensuring right measures are in place to assess the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of team’s performance and robustness of financial outcomes. Ensure delivery of services as per the agreed Service Levels and stakeholder expetations are met and well managed.
- Drive the AR process standardization and optimization as the US, UK and Regional processes consolidates at the GBS/ KL Hub.
- Guide the team to reengineer processes to deliver greater value to the organization through higher productivity, efficiency and effecgtivenss, and lead the team through change.
- In collaboration with the AR GPO, manage all internal and external audits related to receivables and collaborate with business owners to ensure appropriate handling and processing of billable transactions.
- Oversee and monitor security for receivables processing, and in collaboration with GPO identify and develop mitigation action to reduce compliance and fraud risks to the Association.
- Support AR GPO in developing, & maintain global AR policies and ensure compliance within GBS AR operations.
- Work in collaboration with AR GPO to ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory bodies, GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the AR GPO in developing business requirements documents to build and implement solutions to align upstream and downstream processes.
- Support the global strategy for the global AR processes working in close collaboration with the AR GPO, including providing policy recommendations and supporting implementation, and supporting technology advancements and transformation projects.
- Participate in change management and communication activities related to changed processes to support ensure that stakeholders in the wider business understand and prepare for the impact to them.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Demonstrated knowledge on details regarding the AR process and business requirements. AR includes Customer Maintenance, Billing, Cash Collection and Posting, Credits, Refunds, Adjustments and Month end close.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment.
- Ability to anticipate future needs of the organization.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team leader who welcomes challenges.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, process improvement and change management abilities
- Ability to assess needs, identify issues, summarize and present information/ recommendations and implement change.
- Ability to Initiate, drive, and execute continuous improvement initiatives.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- 6-8 years’ experience managing AR processes at managerial level in GBS environment including:
- 2-3 years of industry experience in a tranditional finance function
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent combination of education and accounting experience
- Professional financial qualification
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Demonstrated program management skills & experience.
- Understanding of Global Business Services (GBS) best practices.
- Process Re-engineering, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Experience in process design and / or optimization; Robotic process re-engeneering