Finance Business Partner
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to become involved with a brand-new start up project based in North London. Working as part of a finance team of three within the authority, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, reviewing and refreshing the borrowing strategy for this project.
Your New Role As a Finance Business Partner
- Acting as a business partner to the programme director and the programme team
- To manage the budgeting and forecasting process for the programme
- To ensure that programme income and expenditure is accurately reflected in monthly reporting and the statutory accounts
- To contribute in the preparation of regular finance reports to the Authority and senior management on project progress
- To set out and keep under review the borrowing strategy in line with the project's financial requirements
- To ensure that borrowing strategies for the project link with the Authority's wider financial responsibilities and plans
- To take the lead on funding arrangements for the project to fund multiple procurements and ensure that these are managed and implemented.
- To liaise with the Programme Director, the programme management team and individual delivery officers to have a clear understanding of requirements and deliver plans in line with the financing requirements
- To monitor and manage programme cashflows to ensure that the authority's project borrowing strategy remains optimal though potential changes over the life of the project
- To develop enhanced financial processes that can be implemented across the entire authority
What You'll Need
- To be flexible in your approach and be able to support other team members during busy periods
- CIPFA (or equivalent) qualification is desirable
- Ability to interpret financial data/information and to apply logic and judgement
- Have knowledge and understanding of Local Government statutory financial reporting requirements and financial frameworks.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills and a pro-active approach to work, including identifying and resolving problems/issues
- Understanding and knowledge of providing service deliver improvements, including financial systems and processes within a financial setting