Michael Page are currently recruiting for a Managament Accountant with a large business based in Bournemouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing financial analysis to managers and ensure the accurate reporting of financial performance.
This Bournemouth based engineering business are well known as a global leader in their field. They combine state-of-the-art technology with complex platforms to deliver high quality suveillance, training and operational support. They are a true leader in global technology and services.
As a Management Accountant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Primary owner of relevant contract financial models within the CAvS UK Business Unit, ensuring fidelity of structure and reporting, preparation of monthly variance analysis, liaison with the contract managers to ensure their inputs into the cost to complete estimates are timely, thorough and considered
- Prepare inputs into finance reports submitted by the Business Partner for Engineering into the BU Senior Leadership Team and Group
- Manage the MOD reporting timetable for key contracts under the Single Source Contract Regulations, and prepare all relevant cost certificates on timely basis to ensure these are reviewed and approved ahead of submission to the UK MOD in accordance with contract deadlines
- Liaise with external MOD auditors (including CAAS) as necessary
- Provide insight into cost trends and ratios, enabling the contract management and leadership teams to address areas of concern as early as possible
- Provide support to the Finance Business Partner for Engineering where necessary with regard to other cost models
- Other ad hoc financial analysis and support to the wider BU Finance team as required
As a Management Accountant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified or part-qualified with demonstrable accounting experience and strong intellectual curiosity
- Commercially-minded with excellent Microsoft Excel/financial modelling and analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, with the drive to understand complex, multi-faceted scenarios from a financial perspective
- Prepared to work flexibly to achieve deadlines and multi-task, re-adjusting priorities and delivering accordingly, demonstrating a strong teamwork ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and to influence others at all levels of the organisation, applying healthy and vigorous challenge where appropriate
- Able to build excellent working relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Able to present and communicate financial information to both Finance and non-Finance colleagues
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive salary as well as a good benefits package.