This Management Accountant role is to produce monthly management accounts for the UK. The role shall actively collaborate to improve the financial processes, procedures, and systems, and shall assist with cover for other accounts team activities such as purchase and sales ledger functions.
This instantly-recognisable FMCG organisation, based in Basingstoke, is a true market leader that strives for passion, excellence and industry leading innovation.
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts to agreed deadlines including sales analysis, accruals, prepayments, and fixed assets.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Sales reporting.
- VAT returns, EC Sales lists.
- Reconciliation of imports, ensuring correct customs coding.
- Stock valuations, management of stock-take.
- Cashbook processing and reconciliation.
- Petty Cash - coding and journals.
- Working closely with the Accounts Manager to identify and improve processes, systems, and procedures.
- Prepare information for the annual audit.
The successful Management Accountant:
- Be a collaborative team player, willing to learn new skills, and share knowledge and ideas,
- Have experience of integrated ERP systems, with strong Excel skills,
- Have good experience of transactional finance roles, international trade, including multi-currency transactions,
- Be able to multi-task, have a high attention to detail, be confident and accurate, and have the ability to problem-solve and use their initiative.
- Have a strong customer service focus, and the ability to build effective working relationships with employees and external stakeholders/suppliers.
This Management Accountant job, based in Basingstoke offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in this area as well as perks & offers unique to the FMCG industry.