Financial Analyst 2
• Analyzes accounting data to complete monthly journal entries to close the period
• Reconciles balance sheet accounts for entity
• Audits accounts payable process through purchase order, payables and check auditing, vendor maintenance and intercompany payment processing
• Post and reconcile daily sales between ERP and accounting databases
• Logs the return goods authorizations, ensures all approvals have been obtained, issues credit notes and communicates application of credit to CFS Duty 2: Operations and Financial Reporting
• Extracts/generates quantitative information from databases using standard report templates. (Exact Max, Global Data Warehouse and Microsoft Great Plains for Actualized data and Management Book/POR System for Expected results, HFM).
• Consolidates financial data and standardize reports from different data sources.
• Analyzes gathered information & data using descriptive analytics, trend analysis of current numbers against expected numbers.
• Combines extracted data from multiple resources using automated tools (excel, macro, database).
• Categorizes and segments extracted data using tools to convert data to information relevant to the report (excel, macro, database).
• Creates reports based on EMR standard financial templates Duty 3: Factory Standard Costs Development
• Gathers inputs and makes recommendations for implementing standard labor and overhead allocations for the Plant.
• Analyzes PPVs and material costs and provides recommendations for standard material costs for the Plant.
• Analyzes stand cost variances and recommends process improvements
• Reports out standard cost variances by part and cause Requirements Education:
• University degree in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant Job Related Experience:
• 2 years combined experience in financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, general ledger, general accounting, intercompany accounting, fixed assets and inventory, financial statements preparation and audit. Specific Knowledge:
• Practical knowledge of Enterprise resource planning (i.e., Hyperion Financial Management System, JD Edwards, Oracle)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
• Working knowledge of Generally-accepted accounting principles and Financial Accounting Standard Board regulation Skills:
• Strong Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and plan / prioritize workload
• Attention to detail
• Ability to use own initiative
• Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving
• Professional, with high regards to Integrity
• Team player
• Presentation skills
• Willing to extend working hours and during holidays About Emerson Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal-to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.