A permanent Financial Accountant job paying £40-45k per annum for a manufacturing organisation in Stourport.
£40,000-45,000 per annum (plus bonus)
Mon-Thurs (8-4.30) and Fri (8-1)
Your new company
Hays have been retained exclusively by a growing and reputable manufacturing organisation in Stourport-on-Severn to recruit an experienced Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange, you will be working for a division of a highly successful large international PLC that is a leader in the world of specialist manufacturing.
Your new role
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will be an integral member of the Shared Service Finance Team onsite in Stourport by liaising with various contacts within the group and delivering all aspects of group financial reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Production of monthly Head Office accounts
- Reporting of Head Office and Global Business Unit costs in line with Group reporting timetable to include actuals, budgets, forecasting, cash flow and variance analysis
- Full responsibility of Head Office GL to include provisioning, journals, currency revaluation and full balance sheet reconciliations
- Take ownership of Group netting payments, intercompany recharges, treasury bank reconciliations and FX trade confirmations
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Co-ordinate treasury and payroll deduction payments
- Build strong relationships with various departments to support and improve processes
- Preparation and submission of annual PSA/P11d submissions
- Annual tax pack preparation
- Take ownership and control of fixed asset register
- Liaise with external/internal auditors
- Improve efficiencies and processes
- Line management of one Assistant Accountant
- Any other tasks required by the Financial Controller
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong technical background and reporting skills in a medium to large organisation
- Knowledge of key accounting standards (e.g. IFRS16) and changing legislation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Forward-thinking with the ability to rapidly identify key issues
- Able to influence people at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and bonus (based on personal and business objectives) and the chance to work for an organisation that is recognised on a global scale. You'll also benefit from a generous holiday allowance, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, share save scheme, onsite canteen and free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.