Senior Financial Accountant (ACA)
Senior Financial Accountant role in Reading (ACA)
Your new company
My client is an independent catering company based in Reading. They are ideally looking for a candidate looking to take their first step out of Audit and into Industry.
Your new role
- Preparation of statutory accounts for group entities using Caseware accounts production software. Relevant entities will include trading companies, holding companies and group consolidations.
- Technical accounting for consolidations including FOREX and non-controlling interests, acquisitions and group reorganisations.
- Compilation of consolidated corporation tax disclosure notes from computations provided by tax team. Preparation of deferred tax computations and group relief journals for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- Supporting the annual statutory audit process and ensuring appropriate backup/reconciliations are provided to support trial balance values and account disclosures, liaising with external auditors as required.
- Full reconciliations are developed and maintained between the year end management accounts and the statutory accounts so that a full track of adjustments is available.
- Preparation of year end audit adjustment journals for input into accounting system, with supporting reconciliations to signed statutory accounts.
- Maintenance of group operating lease register and preparation of statutory account disclosure summaries.
- Preparation and review of iXBRL-compliant statutory accounts files in support of year end corporation tax computations.
- Review of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations with Blackline reconciliation software tool, ensuring all required reconciliations are being performed to agreed company standard, with any associated risks/opportunities identified and effectively communicated.
- Review of reconciliation methods for relevant accounts with clear recommendations for improvements where necessary and influencing change.
- Agree process of balances write-off with FDs/Client Accounts Manager.
- Maintain a Risk Register of material issues and ensure resolution/actions are taken.
- Providing support to other finance department team members in tackling complex reconciliations.
- Assistance with preparation of annual budget pack for individual business units, central overheads and consolidated group reporting.
- Assist in review of budgets, providing challenge where necessary to ensure a robust plan is submitted for review.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Audit background
- Significant experience in the preparation and/or review of statutory accounts including consolidations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, modelling and similar)
- Self motivated to produce high quality work to tight timescales
- Excellent team player with clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to influence change and improve processes
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Knowledge of Caseware would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
- Flexible benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.