• Enhanced business partnering - building a closer bridge between finance and operational teams (at site level)
• Streamlining month end procedures and developing firmer and more robust controls
• Providing valuable insight (for finance and non finance leadership level review) around overhead spend / true business costs. As your role develops you will then have opportunity to influence spend and work with the operational leadership team to better control costs, manage stock, optimize margins and ultimately drive profitability. This is a hugely successful and growing business with an enviable customer base. They have a firm policy of promoting from within and an excellent staff retention record. You will have significant opportunity to progress and develop (with valuable support, coaching and encouragement). You will require:
• A professional qualification (ACCA / ACA / CIMA)
• A track record of success as financial accountant / management accountant or within top tier audit.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate financial information to a non finance audience
• Keenness to progress and a natural enjoyment of improving system, processes and reports.
• Ability and confidence to work in a fast paced and innovative manufacturing environment.