Finance Graduate Scheme
We take our Early Careers development very seriously. We’ve got a long history of running successful graduate programmes and we really want to help you gain some valuable experience in a business that will give you a springboard into your career.
As well as learning on the job we’ll support you in completing a Level 7 Accountancy/ Taxation Professional Apprenticeship, helping you achieve a CIMA qualification.
About the opportunity
Across Boots we have a large and diverse finance team who work alongside the business divisions, to make sure they all get the financial information they need to make strategic decisions to drive
fantastic performance. They're fundamental to our business, providing insights and strategic financial advice to support our key decision-makers.
Your finance scheme starts with a 3 month store placement, to give you the opportunity to really understand our customers and business. Following this you will spend 3 years rotating around the WBA finance teams across our Nottingham and Weybridge offices.
In the first year of the programme you will be based in our support office in Nottingham, working within the Boots finance function. Your first placement could be within financial planning & analysis, pharmacy finance or finance development to name just a few of the options available!
Your second year of the programme will see you working in one of our group companies or corporate functions in Weybridge, before returning to our Nottingham Support Office, to complete your final placement in a demanding role, which could be in any of our Nottingham based businesses (including Boots Opticians, No7 Beauty Company or Boots ROI)
You will be supported throughout your scheme to achieve a CIMA qualification, and there are many more development opportunities on top of this, thanks to the Finance YOUniversity, which offers many different courses, lunch & learns, inspirational talks and more!
- Must be on track or have achieved a 2:1 degree within the last 3 years
- A passion for Finance and unlocking insight from data
- An ability to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
- First class stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
- An ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to challenge processes / figures and deliver efficiencies
- An ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business
- A drive for self-development and growth
- We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.