Associate Manager - Record to Report
Summary of Role
Ensure the timeliness of month-end closing and handle financial reporting to management in the US. Financial reporting includes financial analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, cash flow management, budgeting, and forecasting.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Month-end and year-end close processes
- Manage the monthly/quarterly/year-end closing and reporting. Ensure the GL Ledger is closed on time and provide financial analysis on the significant variance comparing actual vs budget;
- Responsible for complex general ledger journal entries and account reconciliation;
- Review account reconciliation prepared by the team and ensure that all reconciliations are completed by set timeline.
- Coach and provide advice to direct reports on their day to day activities.
- Monitor revenue recognition for international activity and reporting sales activity for the payment of commissions to authors
- Review, reconcile and confirm for complex intercompany transactions;
- Responsible for Intercompany settlements.
- Lead the implementation of best practices and continuous improvement initiatives within the team.
- Liaison with Auditors, Tax Agents, bankers and other regulatory authority bodies;
Subscription, Commission, and Royalty Processes:
- Execute monthly subscription auto-termination process and verify the process completes without exception.
- Conduct subscriptions fulfillment testing, including assessing, analyzing and resolving discrepancies as appropriate, engaging with internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage the royalty payment process; ensure correct and accurate disbursement of payments.
- Manage the state-society relationships, including monthly reporting and accurate disbursement of payments.
- Provide financial expertise, insights and recommendation on financial matters for decision making;
- Ensure strict compliance with accounting standards, statutory law and continuous improvement on all financial aspects;
- Handle any other tasks and ad hoc assignments;
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A dynamic individual, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to lead, a strong team player and work independently
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines under pressure;
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office including Excel
- English language fluency
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or a partial professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MIA, etc.)
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in General Ledger operations;
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Preferred experience includes:
- 1-2 years’ experience in GBS or SSC environment;
- Experience in using an ERP system;
- Audit experience and knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP will be an added advantage.
At the Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses.
You'll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports that celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.