Assistant Accountant Job, South Leeds, £28k plus benefits
Your new company
You will be working for an international and market leading manufacturing company, with offices based in South Leeds. This organisation now have a requirement for an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in several areas including the production of monthly Management Accounts, specifically focusing on Costing, Stock and Production. Your daily duties will include:
- Preparation and support for month end accruals and prepayments
- Ensure all general ledger entries are efficient, accurate and timely, to make sure all figures can be reported with confidence and on time
- Analysis of costs at month end, ensuring that costs are adequately reported
- Inventory analysis, ensuring month end cut off procedures are adhered to, to include attendance and coordinating regular stock takes
- Assist with Purchase Ledger processing
- Ensure internal controls and reporting systems are in place and functioning efficiently
- Deal with Internal and External Audit requests
What you'll need to succeed
Your previous experience in a similar role will lead to your success. You will be a motivated accounts professional who is AAT qualified and actively working towards the ACCA/CIMA qualification. You must possess a high standard of numeracy and literacy with demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a generous salary of up to £28k (experience dependant), alongside an excellent benefits package including holiday, pension contribution and free on-site car parking. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual to join an international company that will support your career progression through extensive training and development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.