An exciting role in a dynamic, medium-sized firm in London, offering a complete range of professional services, including audit, accounts, payroll and taxation. This opportunity includes book keeping, VAT returns and liaising with clients to obtain relevant information.
Our client prides themselves on the expert professional advice they offer, akin to those delivered by far larger firms. They deal with a diverse range of clients, from the entertainment industry to self-employed individuals. They put emphasis on integrity and objectivity, as well as being a trustworthy and impartial firm. Providing the full range of professional services, they ensure their services are tailored to the nature of their clients.
- Undertaking book keeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns, including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information. These are prepared to the client's required specification and may be produced using accounting software or spreadsheets.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies (including service charge companies), sole traders and partnerships.
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at a client's premises covering any of the above areas or general book keeping and accounts work
- Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Accounting Solutions Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
The main duties for this position will involve working on the books and records for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies (including those within groups), the preparation of VAT returns and the preparation of management accounts. There may also be some statutory accounts work required.
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience, have completed their AAT qualification and will be self-motivated, computer literate and have good written and verbal communication skills. Study support may be made available for candidates completing or looking to complete their ACCA qualification