This Cost Accountant will be responsible for Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour.
Leading Smethwick based manufacture with a highly established and consistently growing client-base.
- Ownership and maintenance production bills of materials and process routings.
- Ownership of part number generation.
- Analysis of production output and reporting results.
- Analysis of changes in product design, raw materials and manufacturing processes to determine effects on cost.
- Analysis of actual manufacturing costs and periodic comparison to standard costs.
- Update of standard costs.
- Estimation of new product costs and liaison with sales/design on new product introduction.
- Generation of margin analysis by customer/product.
- Assist operations with stock management.
- Assist Financial Controller with stock take management.
- Monthly stock reconciliation and valuation.
- Assist in month end close.
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA preferred)
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Data entry
- Good written communication
- Good verbal communication
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with ERP software - Microsoft Dynamics (preferred)
Up to £45,000