Financial Reporting Accountant
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting exclusively for an exciting expanding business in Norwich.
Your new role
This is a newly created position as a result of organic company growth and is a great opportunity for an experienced technical accountant within industry or a first move from a practice environment. The main purpose of the role is to provide effective financial and regulatory information for management. This will specifically include:
- Manage the production of accurate financial information, including IFRS consolidated financial statements at half year and year end, financial reporting packs for Group Board meetings and quarterly returns.
- Analysis of financial results for the Group, including cash-flow and sensitivity analysis.
- Produce budgets and financial plans.
- Assist with various company secretarial functions including Board minutes and filing of documents at Companies House.
- Liaise with the Audit Committee and external auditors.
- Review of controls environment and assisting with the implementation of changes as required.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week but flexible working would be considered.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a professionally qualified accountant with strong IT skills and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. You must have experience of group financial reporting under IFRS standards. You will have excellent organisation skills with experience of working to deadlines. You will have good analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently and as part of a team. You will be an effective communicator, both written and verbal. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the technical aspects of financial and regulatory reporting within a group context.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary package, free on site parking, 10% employer pension contribution + company performance related bonuses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.