Accounts Payable Assistant
Exciting opportunity to work within an established and professional team, performing Accounts Payable duties providing efficient and effective financial support to the wider company and team.
My client are a prestigious and world renowned legal firm based in the West End of Central London. They offer a supportive and established working environment that would benefit someone who is looking to develop and learn, or build on their Accounts Payable experience.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for:
- To provide a high quality accounting service to the Firm; to be responsive to the changing needs and priorities of the department and to provide ad hoc support to departmental colleagues as and when required.
- Accurately process supplier invoices, ensuring they are appropriately authorised, coded and posted on to the system.
- Work closely with Travel Bureau to process data in a timely manner and ensure accurate booking information is received and reconciled.
- Take full ownership of the purchase ledger, ensuring supplier statements are reconciled, invoices are paid to terms, suppliers are accurately set up on the system, and outstanding balances are chased and cleared.
- Manage the Accounts Payable mailbox and deal with supplier queries, ensuring all queries are resolved efficiently and professionally.
- Manage and take ownership of employee expense claims, ensuring appropriate authorisation, receipts provided, correct coding for all expense claim items, and following up on employee queries.
- Work to agreed weekly time frames for payment of supplier invoices and employee expense claims.
- Preparation of BACS file for weekly payment runs.
- Support the Financial Accountants in month end reporting, posting journals and providing ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Identify process improvements within accounts payable and expense claims, and work with key members of staff (e.g. heads of department, budget holders, secretaries etc) to ensure procedures are understood and complied with.
The successful Accounts Payable Assistant will:
- have a minimum of 1 years experience in an Accounts Payable position
- have strong academics
- have an Accounting and Finance degree (or related)
- have experience in a professional services (preferred not essential)
- intermediate excel skills
- have an ability to work within strict deadlines to a high level of accuracy and remain calm in a busy environment.
The successful Accounts Payable Assistant will receive:
- extremely competitive salary
- excellent progression prospects for the right candidate
- tailored study package designed for the candidate