Exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking to develop and progress their career as a Accounts Manager based in Cardiff.
A leading accountancy practice based in Cardiff undergoing continued positive expansion and growth. The firm and role provides genuine prospects for long term career progression and development, with increasing responsibility, client management and opportunity to carve a career path, in a highly regarded firm.
The responsibilities for an Accounts Manager based in Cardiff are:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of clients' service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments.
- Act as a main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines.
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service.
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis.
- Knowledgeable of firm's services and able to cross sell those services into the client base
When applying for an Accounts Manager based in Cardiff the successful candidate will possess:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment
- Experience of managing a client portfolio
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills, particularly Excel
- Hold a full and clean driving licence
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Learning, Development, and Progression.
- Study Support
- Great office location