Group Tax Manager
This a brand new In-house Group Tax Manager position based in the heart of Manchester city centre. You will be responsible for establishing and defining how the tax will function will shape the business. They are building out a passionate team to do this and recognise it's the people that make the difference to the organisation.
This a brand new In-house Group Tax Manager position based in the heart of Manchester city centre.
As Group Tax Manager, you will be an instrumental part of the team across matters such as:
- Responsible for all UK and Irish taxes, with emphasis on VAT and Corporation Taxes
- Responsible for the Group's governance and risk framework, including development and maintenance of Risk
- Registers, Policies and Processes
- Building working relationships and working closely with Finance and the Financial Systems teams to ensure that systems, processes and transactions are recorded in the most efficient and effective way to reduce risk and maximise tax reporting efficiency
- Maintain and development of the relationship with HMRC on a constructive, proactive basis
- Management and development of Tax Assistant
- Delivery of all relevant direct and indirect computations for the Group SAO compliance
- Provision of proactive, collaborative advice to internal stakeholders.
- Business partnering and building out tax knowledge across the business.
- Tax budgeting and forecasting
- Provision of tax disclosure information for IFRS statutory accounts
- Liaison with statutory auditors and external tax advisors
Qualified tax professional - ACA, CTA or equivalent
Up to date knowledge of relevant VAT and corporate tax laws
Collaborative business partnering approach
Attention to detail and focus on review, process and control with emphasis on continuous improvement
A competitive salary of up to £75,000 with access to a fantastic bonus scheme and pension
Opportunity for anyone looking for either full time or part time hours or needing flexible working.
Discount across retail brands, health-care, an impressive pension scheme,
24 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as a holiday purchase scheme)