An excellent opportunity to sit with an established Cambridge retail business as an Accounts Assistant. As the Accounts Assistant you will be providing support to the senior Finance team through the detailed and accurate processing of both purchase and sales ledgers alongside processing the reconciliations and supplier statements.
An established business in the Cambridge retail market who have seen continual growth, due to this growth they are in need of an experienced Accounts Assistant to assist with this growth. Sitting within an the experienced Cambridge finance team there will be continual growth and development opportunities.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Working out VAT payments
- Responsibility for payment runs via BACS and cheques
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Reconciling bank statements
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
- Ownership of both the purchase and sales ledgers
- Deal with multi-currency
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant will be:
- Ideally pursuing their AAT qualification
- Prior experience with multi-currency would be advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and timely processing
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident Excel user
- Sage 50 experience would be advantageous
The successful candidate for the role will be joining an established retail business who will be able to provide a competitive salary alongside a strong benefits package. The successful candidate will also receive continued support and development in the position.