Routes to Work is seeking an individual to become an integral member of the Senior Management team, and play a key role in supporting the operational teams in driving forward the strategic ambitions for the company. Managing the accounts team you will provide a professional service relating to all financial & company governance matters and within a framework of proper governance, accounting practice, legislative & statutory responsibility.
Routes to Work Limited is a registered Charity & a Company limited by guarantee which was incorporated in 2002.
RTW is a strategic partner within the North Lanarkshire Community Planning Partnership, coordinating the development & delivery of local employability services to the long term unemployed and other economically disadvantaged residents. Since its operational launch in March 2003, RTW has invested over £34m of public sector funding in service delivery within the local economy, has provided services to more than 50,000 local unemployed people and assisted over 18,000 into work.
RTW currently employs 62 staff across its four offices in Bellshill, Craigneuk, Coatbridge & Airdrie. Projected turnover for the 2019/20 operational year is estimated around £3m.
RTW activities are funded primarily through North Lanarkshire Council although they are also in receipt of funding from the Scottish & UK Governments, The European Commission & Skills Development Scotland.
Main duties & responsibilities;
- To prepare, in conjunction with Operations Managers and Depute Chief Executive, detailed budgets and monitor performance of programmes against budget on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
- To prepare a suite of monthly management accounts for all programmes including monthly cashflow analysis and present such to the RTW Finance sub-group on a monthly basis.
- To ensure the governance function of the Board by complying with Charity Law and updating senior management & Board on changes in charity legislation as they apply.
- To prepare Annual Statutory Accounts and related support documentation in conjunction with appointed auditors and in accordance with legislative accounting requirements.
- To undertake Company Secretary duties in accordance with legislative requirements.
- To provide direct line management and leadership to the Accounts Team.
- To provide secretarial support to the RTW Senior Management and Board of Directors.
The successful Finance Manager will likely have the following profile;
- Working knowledge of the charity/ not for profit sector
- Qualified Accountant (or ability to provide qualification through experience)
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Business partnering skillset
- Excellent team working approach
The successful Finance Manager will be offered the following package;
- Salary: £39,984 (fixed point & non-negotiable) annual increments traditionally applied 1st April each year
- Working Hours: 35 per week with flexible working hours scheme in operation (flexi-time), with core hours 10am - 3pm
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus 12 public holidays
- Travel: Mileage rate of 53.65p per mile for any travel incurred on behalf of the business (Business insurance necessary for own car)
- Pension: Money purchase scheme in operation for new employees with a 5% employer & 5% employee contribution necessary
- Death in service (non-contributory) scheme in place providing 3 x salary as lump sum payment to nominated beneficiary in the unfortunate event of death in service