Payroll administrator job in Darlington, immediate start 12 month fixed term contract
Your new company
This UK wide employer with a head office in Darlington is looking for an experienced Payroller to join them on an interim basis for at least 12 months.
Your new role
To provide a comprehensive payroll service for all designated colleagues.
- Process payroll from start to finish for designated colleagues.
- Understand the calculation of tax and national insurance.
- Be able to apply statutory payments in relation to SMP OSPP ASPP SSP
- Demonstrate an understanding of Real Time Information (RTI)
- Demonstrate an understanding of Workers pension Auto Enrolment (WPAE)
- Receive and check information sent from other sites Head Office thoroughly and precisely.
- Process payrolls to tight deadlines as applied by the Company Payroll Manager.
- Pay via the BACS system.
- Maintain all relevant payroll files in an orderly manner and archive as and when required.
- Make any necessary deductions from colleagues' salary payments, ensuring the correct authorisation have been obtained from the other site/ Head Office colleague.
- Reconcile records and complete forms for end of year returns.
- Calculate Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay and Statutory
- Adoption Pay as and when required.
- Ensure that telephone queries are dealt with efficiently and precisely.
- Assist with any other reasonable accounting duty, in either Payroll or another Finance department, as and when required.
- Ensure that the Payroll Department is maintained in a professional, tidy, and organised manner at all times.
- Produce spreadsheets, reports etc as and when required. Carry out specific Payroll project-related work, as and when required.
- Arrange stationery requests for the Payroll Department, and organise stationery within the Payroll Department, as and when required.
- Various other ad hoc duties as required to assist colleagues in the support of all financial dealings with internal and external stakeholders, i.e. banks, auditors, shareholders, staff.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in high volume Payroll processing is essential to this to this role and the ability to start at 1 weeks notice.
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary and benefits package is offered with the role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.