Commercial Finance Analyst
A fantastic commercial opportunity has arisen for a FTSE FMCG business located in St. Albans. This Commercial Finance Analyst role will involve business partnering with various internal and external stakeholders as well as financial anaylsis and reporting.
Our client are a well-known global FMCG business.
- Provide first class financial support to Discounter & Convenience Channel Directors influencing behaviours and performance through insights & visibility of key drivers.
- Enable channel strategy changes through deep dives and financial modelling. Lead the modelling of channel's 5-year strategy plans
- Drive margin enhancement initiatives (Product/Customer mix, promo efficiency, ad-hoc projects).
- Provide financial support for retailer mergers & other work relating to the current business transformation.
- Actively monitor and control trade spend within relevant customers ensuring appropriate levels of promotional accruals are maintained, trade & pricing claims are promptly resolved & full participation on other cash improvement initiatives.
- Model strategic changes in customer plans and analyse promotional efficiency to improve the growth and profitability of the channel.
- Provide governance across the channel through accrual management, covering overspends and releases, utilising EPOS data and close monitoring of the balance sheet.
- Lead period-end process, providing insight and in depth understanding of underlying performance, key drivers and trends.
- Challenge short-to-medium term customer forecasts and, in close collaboration with Channel Directors, ensure they are both robust and deliverable with clearly assigned actions to deliver the annual performance targets.
- Support & improve all reporting cycles embedding accuracy and data integrity.
- Develop and monitor Customer action plans to realise opportunities and mitigate risks.
The successful Commercial Finance Analyst will be a qualified accountant with relevant commerical industry experience. They will have a proven track record of progression and will be able to demonstrate their ambitiousness. They will be confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
A competitive salary plus £5,460 car allowance and bonus.