Senior Finance Assistant
Senior Finance Assistant role working for a retail organisation on the outskirts of Cardiff
The client I am working with have over 500 stores across the UK. They have a multi-million turnover and have a strong local presence here in South Wales with a head office on the outskirts of Cardiff. They are currently growing due to business performance and are recruiting within the Finance department.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Representation of Financial Accounts at monthly meetings with department heads.
- Representation of the Finance Department on various panels for projects on Financial Accounts.
- Ongoing assessment and improvement of financial accounting processes.
- Assistance in maintaining and improving a strong financial control environment.
- Provide concise explanations of actual spend to Finance managers and department heads
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet control accounts.
- Preparation and review of shop accruals and monthly cost analysis.
- Preparation and review of administration budget centres.
- Completion and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and review of cost centre reconciliations and attendance of meetings with budget holders.
- Assistance in balance sheet budgeting and forecasting.
- Assistance with year end accounting processes including assistance in preparation of statutory accounts.
- Assistance with month end stock accounting processes.
The successful candidate will ideally be someone that is working in an Accounting and Finance role where they are being exposed to month end management accounts. Studies toward AAT or further Finance qualifications will be beneficial.
On offer for the candidate is a competitive market salary with excellent internal progression opportunities to grow with the organisation.